Friday 19th August:
LUFF - Lausanne Underground Film Festival @ AFW
Les Châssis de Lourdes – Rhayne Vermette, 2016
8pm, Friday 19th of August. $6
AFW has great pleasure in presenting an impressive selection of analogue film based works from LUFF – The Lausanne Underground Film Festival.
LUFF has been going to great pains to rub its audiences the wrong way and to offer some original and off-the-wall programming. One of the festival objective is to fuse music and cinema together into a chemistry of weirdness, drawing from a wide range of avant-garde artists and innovative creations which in most cases have never been seen nor heard before in Switzerland. The selection of short movies presented tonight at AFW lab cover an international mix of analog works that were screened over the past editions.
To (re)present the festival, Nikola Mounoud sound artist on tour, LUFF's former music co-curator and current coördinator of international exchange (LUFF did Tokyo in 2012 and LUFF does Hong Kong in 2016) will introduce the festival and his sound work through a small improvised performance in collaboration with independent photographer Charlotte Aebischer. (Nikola is also performing at Liquid Architecture the following night at The Tote)
LUFF - Lausanne Underground Film & Music Festival will hold it's 15th edition this October (19 to 23) in Lausanne, Switzerland. The festival is made possible by its hearty volunteers, since it's very beginning!
· Au nord d’Eden – Jean-Marcel Busson, 2012, France, 12’
· Blue_1 – Alba Curós, 2013, Spain, 2’
· Clap Your Hands – Rita Figueireido, 2013, Portugal, 6’
· Human Body Battleground Organ Organism – Metrah Pashaee, 2013, UK, 9’
· Kudryavka – Little Ball of Fur – Risto-Pekka Blom, 2013, Finland, 5’
· Mynarski chute mortelle – Matthew Rankin, 2014, Canada, 8’
· Places with Meanings – Scott Fitzpatrick, 2012, Canada, 3’
· Quiet Zone – Karl Lemieux & David Bryant, 2014, Canada, 14’
· Spectography of a Battle – Fabio Scacchioli & Vincenzo Core, 2012, Italy, 4’
· The Rapture – Michael Fleming, 2015, UK, 5’
· Les Châssis de Lourdes – Rhayne Vermette, 2016, Canada, 18’
Luff Links -